- 1. What ATV’s / Side by Sides do you rent?
Every year we purchase new ATV’s and side by sides to provide our guests with the best equipment for their money. Our fleet for 2013 includes two of the best machines on the market. The Can Am Outlander Max 400 EFI and the Polaris Sportsman Touring 500. These stellar machines are 4WD and can seat one or two people. For side by sides this year we have an array of Polaris Rangers and RZR’s including the RZR 4 800, the RZR S 800 and the Ranger Crew 800. For more details click here.
2. Do I have to trailer machines to the trail head or can I simply rent and ride?
Both options are available. At many of our competitors you can only rent and ride from their location or you can only pick up a trailer and haul them yourself. At Uinta Recreation we offer both! Trailers are included in the rental price and if you want to haul them somewhere for riding simply stop by and pick up the trailer loaded with your equipment and head out. Or if you don’t have a vehicle that can tow a trailer we can deliver to a drop point near the trail head only minutes from our facility. Delivery is readily available and is FREE of charge to our designated drop point.
3. How old do I have to be to drive an ATV?
Utah state law requires any drivers of an OHV to be 16 with a valid driver’s license. Learner’s permits are not legal. However, you must be 21 or older to rent and anybody between 16-17 years old must have a parent or legal guardian with them at all times. Parent or legal guardian must also sign a release of liability waiver for any and all minors.
4. Can I have a passenger on a single seat ATV?
No. Our single seat ATV’s are designed only for a single driver. If you have a passenger you must rent a 2 seat ATV or a multi passenger side by side.
5. How old do passengers have to be to ride?
It is not so much a matter of age as it is of size. On the 2 person ATV’s a passenger must have the ability to reach and hold onto the passenger hand grips and their feet must reach the footrests. Generally children ages of 8+ meet this criteria. If they do not, you may want to consider one of the side by sides which can accommodate all ages of children, even toddlers and infants as you can buckle their car seats into the seat belts of the side by side.
6. I am unfamiliar with a UTV, can you tell me a little about it?
A UTV is a multi-passenger Utility Vehicle where the driver and passengers sit side by side and is capable of carrying a diverse load. It drives like a car or truck in that it has a steering wheel and foot pedals that control the brakes and gas. It has a bed capable of carry a variety of items. It is quite a bit larger than an ATV to accommodate multiple passengers Over the past few years UTV’s have become increasingly popular. To take a closer look click here.
7. What duration of rentals do you offer?
We offer both full and half day rentals. Hours and details can be found here. Additionally if you are taking equipment on a trailer then you can pick up the equipment the night before for a $10 charge. We also provide discounts for multiple day and week rentals.
8. How long does it take to check out an ATV?
Most cases 15 – 30 minutes. Please remember to show up 30 minutes prior to your reservation to enable enough time to do paperwork and get prepped for your rental. Larger groups sometimes take a little longer. The more organized and prepared your group, the quicker we can get you on the trail.
9. Are there any additional accessories needed with the ATV / UTV rental?
We require a DOT approved helmet for all renters. Ski helmets are not DOT approved. If you have a DOT approved helmet, bring it. If not we have a selection of helmets included in the rental price. It is always highly recommended that you wear pants and long sleeve shirts and bring goggles or sunglasses for eye protection. Lastly absolutely no open toed shoes.
10. Is there insurance available? No. But we do have a damage agreement you can purchase. Damage Agreements can be purchased for $25 per day. Once purchased the purchaser is then limited to paying only up to $1500 for damages to an ATV or up to $2500 on a UTV. In other words the limits are similar to a deductible and would be the max out of pocket for damages. Damage Agreements cover damages to the machine it was purchased for only. It does not cover personal injury, other peoples equipment, loss revenue (down time) or recovery costs. There are also ways to void the damage agreement, so make sure to read our waiver before renting and heading out. If you are not capable of paying for a totaled machine ($6000-$15,000), the Damage Agreement is REQUIRED. Damage Agreements are always highly recommended.
11. Is it important to make a reservation?
Reservations are always highly recommended. Even if we have a lot of availability a few days before, always make a reservation. There are many times we book up a couple days out and if you just show up you may not get a machine. Do remember that a deposit is required for all reservations and is non-refundable. Additionally you will want to make sure you agree to the terms of our reservation and cancellation policy.
12. How far are you from Salt Lake and Park city?
We are located just a short 30 -45 minutes from most Wasatch front locations and 15 minutes from Park City. Plus Heber City is “on your way” to most Utah summer destinations.
13. Why should I rent from Uinta Recreation?
Three reasons. 1. Terrain. 2. Equipment. 3. Service and Experience. Northern Utah has no better ATV experience than Uinta Recreation. Utah public lands and forest service provide hundreds and hundreds of miles of trails with elevations ranging from 6000 feet to 11,000 ft taking our guests to some of the most spectacular scenery in Utah. We purchase new ATV’s every year giving our guests the best quality and most reliable equipment for a extremely good value. Lastly we have many years of experience and are focused on our guest service. These reasons make Uinta Recreation “Utah’s Premier ATV Rental Destination”.